Thursday 24 April 2008

Strange SEO Findings - Part 2 (getting Google to quickly index your page)

I think I’ve noticed an interesting way to quickly new new pages or page copy indexed!

As part of my freelance work, I’ve started to manage a PPC campaign for getbiz, a uk business directory site. They are a business directory and are targeting keywords such as ‘pr companies’, ‘printing companies’ etc.

I already know enough about SEO to know how frustrating it can be when you upload new pages or page text and have to wait for ages for the page to be indexed again. Only when its indexed will you see the reward of your hard work in terms of going up (or maybe even down) the search engine rankings.

I seem to have noticed that every time I start a new PPC campaign, and target this to a landing page, then the landing page in question a. gets indexed again almost immediately, and b. seems to move through the search engine rankings!!

I’ve brought this up in a few forums and there seems to be a lot of debate as to whether I’m right. However, for the time being it seems to be working for me.

I’ll keep you posted when I start the next run of PPC for them and see if I get the same results!

1 comment:

Doolally said...

I've noticed this before - a long time ago. However, it only worked when ads were displayed on certain PPC search engines.

I'd be interested to hear which ones you're running your PPC campaigns on.